Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year's Day

As long as I can remember, we have always had seafood for New Year's Eve with my family-extended family, like my dad's brothers and sister. It has always been adults only-no kids allowed. Some years ago, Jason, Dalia and Chuck started coming with us. Then it just got easier to do the seafood dinner ourselves at either our house or Jason's so that the kids could come and we wouldn't need to worry about babysitters. This worked out well until James' friends decided to get together the last few years for New Year's Eve. Don't get me wrong, I love getting together with his friends, especially since some live out of state and we don't get to see them that often. We always have a great time, but man was I craving my annual seafood dinner. James doesn't like seafood so this is really the only time I get it. This year we were going to Casey and Pam's house for New Year's Eve so Jason and I decided to do our annual seafood dinner on New Year's Day instead. Worked out great! We still got our crab legs and shrimp while getting to enjoy time with friends the night before. Why didn't I think of this earlier?

No comments: