Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Happy Birthday Tanner!

Wow, do I really have a 17 year old? Where did the time go? I still feel young-sort of. I don't feel like I should have a 17 year old. Anyway, Happy Birthday Tanner. We didn't really have a party, but Tanner had some friends over, and they were obviously having fun beating each other up with the boxing gloves. We had cake and ice cream as a family later that night. (Thanks to Ondylyn for the delicious chocolate cake). I didn't even make Tanner a cake. (I usually do.) But what was the point since his friends brought a cake over anyways? I didn't want any cake to go to waste. Or maybe it's just that I was being a lazy, loser mom. Wow, maybe I really am getting old. Oh well. Anyway, Tanner is an awesome kid. He's good at sports, very musical-writing and singing his own songs, playing guitar and piano. He gets straight A's. He is usually nice to his brothers and is very thoughtful. If I'm having a bad day, he will come kiss my cheek and tell me he loves me. What a sweet boy.
Side Note---Check out Tanner's cool "Moshi Moshi" penguin shirt that he designed and made in graphic arts.

1 comment:

mena said...

I know how you feel about how weird it is to have a 17yr. old. wan'st it just yesterday that we were 17?.......well maybe not when you think that I moved in with your family when I was 17 at that was a LONG time ago. Happy Birthay to you both. Sorry we missed going up to mom's house but REgan's family was finally celebrating his birthday.