YW Girl's Camp this year was a blast. This was my third year going with this ward and we truly had an amazing time. I'm the First Counselor in our Ward YW program. We had 14 girls and 4 leaders that went this time. By the last day, we were definitely ready to go home but had built stronger relationships with "our girls". We were lucky enough to go the the PLUSH Heber Valley Campground that is owned by the church. It is so nice with cabins that sleep 16. We also had bathrooms, showers, a fridge and stove, sink and running water. I know, it's a far stretch from what we used to call "girl's camp" when I was growing up. We were able to go to the lake canoing as well as participate in the Challenge Course including a high wire. We had many amazing ward and stake activities as well. Overall, we really felt it was a success. I hope the girls realize all the work and sacrifice that goes into these camps and remember them for a LONG TIME!
10 years ago






2 comments:
Girls camp...FUN. I only went 1 year and got released but i loved going. You guys are spoiled to get to go to the posh girls camp. No fair. Glad that you had fun.
It sure was a lot of fun and a lot of work. It was great getting to know you better and start forming a friendship with you, the other leaders, and especially the girls. Hopefully we can both go again next year.
Post a Comment