Saturday, June 27, 2009

Michael Jackson Dies?

So Michael Jackson, King of Pop, died the other day, June 25th. He was a total whack job by the end of his life, and I'm not sure anyone really followed what he was doing much anymore, but back in the day....the 80's that is... he was so cool--and VERY talented! So with all the tribute shows on, James and the boys and I watched several of his music videos on VH1. We even stayed up until after midnight just to see "Thriller". I really wanted to see it. I totally remember when it came out--yes I really am that old. When we watched it, I decided to TiVo it and me and the little boys are going to learn the Thriller Dance! (It's been a while since back in the day--growing up--when EVERYONE knew the thriller dance and all other Michael Jackson dance moves) and I'm much less coordinated than I was back then, so it might just take some time, but hey, it will be fun, right? I'm kind of indifferent to his death I guess (I know cold, right), but he will ALWAYS be classic 80's (moonwalk, single white glove, red jacket, amazing music and dance moves, great music videos and so much more) and his songs will always bring back great childhood, growing up memories. Very talented dude.

No comments: