So I decided to run the Hobble Creek Marathon since I've been running since March. I have been training for it up until the last couple weeks-I've just been too busy. James said that's okay, and that most people actually taper down their runs as it gets closer to the race. James ran it with me as well as a few friends from work. James had been really sick the night before on top of having a hurt hip (from running-we think) and wasn't sure if he could do it. He ended up running and still beat my time-sick and all! Oh well, it's a good thing I'm only competing with myself. I finished the race in 2 hours and 10 minutes. Not the fastest time, but I guess that's okay for my first 1/2 marathon (13.1 miles). I was thrilled just to FINISH! This was one of the things I wanted to do in my lifetime, so I guess the important thing is that I DID IT! The course is mostly downhill-starting up the canyon and by the end my knees were pretty banged up and sore from the downhill impact. Of course I was so nervous that I forgot to take pictures before and then I was too tired and sore to remember to take pictures after, so James took a picture of me once we got back to the house. I know the picture is pretty scary, but what do you expect after 13 miles?
10 years ago

4 comments:
....I am on my knees bowing to you right now. You are amazing!!! Way to go. So happy for you and love all the post. The boys look so cute on their first day of school.
Way to go Tina! You are freaking amazing! I don't think I could run 2 miles in the time you did 13. Holy Cow! You rock!!!
I am VERY, VERY impressed, Tina! I can do a 5K, but even the thought of a 10K makes me squirm. You are awesome!
I can not even imagine! I am so proud of you!!!! Way to go! You are freaking amazing girl. I can't believe you are doing this. WAY TO GO!! I am still in the I need to excercise at all mode of life.
Post a Comment