Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Breaking Dawn

I've been reading the "Twilight" series by Stephenie Meyers (who hasn't been) and was so excited for the new book to come out on August 2. Well, I had it figured out in my head that August 2 was a Saturday but with all the "midnight parties" you could technically get it at midnight (which is still Friday in my book). So all along I'm thinking the book comes out on FRIDAY! Right? Well, Thursday night I was working a graveyard shift at the hospital and mentioned to some friends "Oh that book comes out tonight!" They all agreed but we were too busy for any of us to think twice about it. Tanner called me late because he was going to Wal-mart to pick up some treats for a camp-out the next morning. I told him if he happened to be there at midnight to look for the book. He clearly stated "There's no freaking way I'm standing in line for that lame book." TEENAGERS! Anyway, he called me back to tell me he couldn't find it anywhere (which I thought a little strange). I came home in the morning and slept and when I woke up decided to go look for the book. I went to Fun-finity and they politely informed me the book didn't come out until midnight THAT night. I really thought they must be wrong and came home and told James as much. I worked another graveyard shift that night (Friday) and started discussing with my friends at work that the book actually did come out at midnight Friday night. (My bad!) So we were discussing if it was slow around midnight maybe one of us could take our break and go find the book to buy for everyone. Around 1:00 a.m. I turn around to see James and my two little ones at my work. I looked at them puzzled (it was 1:00 a.m. after all) when James lifted up the Breaking Dawn book!!! He had gone to one of the midnight parties to get the book for me because he knew how excited I was for it to come out and then brought it to work in the middle of the night!!! HOW SWEET IS THAT? I was so excited and so were my friends. They thought that was so cute of James! I did too. (He later informed me it was for purely selfish reasons that he got me the book. I tend to like the romantic stuff. Enough said.) Well, of course I read the book in about a day and a half-in between work and kids. Loved it! I'm very excited and a little apprehensive for the movie to come out. Usually, the movies aren't as good as the books, but of course I will still be there opening weekend, just in case.

1 comment:

Nat Nat said...

That is so sweet! Even if for his own reasons. LOL I loved that 4th book actually. And that being a day off thing I totally understand. Working nights has thrown me off. I showed up at the school a day early for things 2x now. They think I have lost it, and it has become a joke between me and the secretaries. LOL