Sunday, May 31, 2009

Star Trek Fans--Live Long and Prosper!

Ok, so maybe I'm a trekkie and I didn't even know it. I remember watching Star Trek as a kid with my dad. I remember watching Star Trek "The Next Generation" every night at 10:00 pm with James early in our marriage. I've seen all the Star Trek movies. And I have to say the new movie ROCKS! The story is great...the casting was great...the movie was flat out great! Especially if you are into SciFi.

Side note: I am also a Star Wars Fan. I remember collecting the Star Wars Trading cards with the pink stick of bubblegum in the package when I was little. I even remember standing in the ridiculously long line for hours to get tickets for opening night when they played Star Wars on the big screen for the 20 year anniversary in 1997, and then again for Empire Strikes Back--(I only saw Return of the Jedi opening week, not opening night), AND... couldn't wait for Episode 1 to come out. I dressed up as Princess Leah for two (or was it three?) separate Halloweens--(even going to a home BYU football game which happened to be held on Halloween, dressed as Leah)...but even with all of that...I have to say this Star Trek movie was a MUCH, MUCH better prequel (or re-imagining as James calls it) than any of the Star Wars prequels. Sorry Lucas and Star Wars fans everywhere. The truth hurts.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I really loved the movie too. It was so great and you are right...it is WAY better than Star Wars prequels...and I love those too. I movie was insane good. The more I read your blog...I think we are the same person. haha.