Friday, February 13, 2009

Scary! Hate when the kids are sick :(

So, my two little boys have been off and on sick this week. Each staying home from school a different day. Peyton earlier in the week and then Dawson yesterday. They had fevers and cold symptoms but no sore throat or anything to make me think I really needed to take them in. I thought, oh, this will pass. Well, yesterday Peyton said his legs were hurting; calves and hamstrings both. I thought it was a little weird and told him to drink more in case he was dehydrated. This morning he woke up and could hardly walk, his legs hurt so bad. What the heck does a mom do when her child wakes up and can't walk? Freak out? Yeah. Of course I am thinking every possible horrible thing except what it actually was. I took him to the Dr. first thing this morning and they discovered he has strept. Still no sore throat! Weird. So I got him on antibiotics and made them give us more so I could start Dawson on some too, just in case. You know, as much as I hate strept, I was hugely relieved. At least it can be treated with an antibiotic. And gotta love when they give you the zithromax (only 5 days) instead of the others that they have to take for 10 days. Even Peyton was thrilled and even told the Dr. he was glad he only had to do 5 days. The Doctor laughed.

No comments: