We LOVE watching the BYU football games. We always buy season tickets and get together with Jason and Chuck to watch the away games. I guess it's good I was raised a BYU fan from the start, so when I married James it was just natural to keep loving them. My dad used to wake us up in the morning by singing, "Rise and Shout the Cougars are Out!" Then James graduated from BYU and so here we are...still BYU fans! Jason, James and Tanner decided to put together a 30 second commercial for the BYU fan commercial contest. Dalia and Kade helped with the editing and computer stuff. They ended up being one of the top 6 winners so their commercial gets played on the big screen at the home game against UCLA on Sept. 13th. You can check out the commercial on www.byucougars.com and search for Fan Commercial Winner #2 under the videos. I think it's quite creative unlike the other commercials that mostly just used highlight clips from past games. But then again, I am a little biased.To show how loyal we really are to our BYU cougars, below is a picture of our new mailbox.
James said he was going to fix the mailbox which was a little wobbly. Peyton of course wanted to help because he loves to help with any project outside or inside. I should have known with the two of them involved, that this is what I would get. Well, I came home from work one day to THIS mailbox. I guess there's no secret about which team we like now, right?

7 comments:
Rad mailbox!!! Yes I would say that you are true blue fans when you have a mailbox like that!! Go cougars!!!
that is hilarious!! its totally something my dad would do. byu is all i grew up around. in cali growing up my dad got the byu channel special for watching the games so he could see them live. its kind of a joke in this house now b/c out of my whole fam i'm the only one that went to uvsc and so did coby. we just sit back and watch the madness in my family.
I totally saw your mailbox when I drove by on Tuesday and it made me smile. Nate went to BYU but we never really got into the whole blue-blood thing...I still think it is so great though.
BTW: The commercial is really great. I am really impressed that your kids did that. Seriously cool.
Gotta love the cougars! That is quite possibly the coolest mailbox I have seen in years. Way to go boys!
JalapeƱo Pepper Jelly
Ingredients:
• 13 jalapenos
o 4 whole
o 9 seeded
• 2 medium bell peppers (use the color of bell pepper that matches your jalapenos)
• 1/3 cup lemon juice
• 1 ½ cup vinegar (white or apple cider)
• 6 cups sugar
• 3 oz. (one packet) Certo liquid pectin
• 10 – 15 drops red or green food coloring (use the color that matches your jalapenos)
Directions:
1) Puree jalapenos, bell pepper, and ½ cup vinegar in food processor/blender
2) Put puree in large stock pot, add remaining vinegar (1 cup) and bring to a boil and continue to boil for 10 minutes.
3) Add sugar and lemon juice. Bring mixture to hard boil and continue to boil for 1 minute.
4) Add liquid pectin & stir in quickly. Bring to hard boil and continue to boil for 2 – 3 minutes.
5) Remove from heat, stir “foam” in, add 10 -15 drops of food coloring.
6) Fill jars with the jelly (leave about 1 inch space at top). Clean rim off.
7) After placing lids and rings on jars bring water in bather to a boil. Once water is boiling lower jars into water and continue to boil for 10 minutes. Allow up to 24 hours for jars to seal.
Yield: Six ½ pint jars
That is so cool! I love it I can't believe they did that. Took me a bit to find it on the site but I am glad I did.
So... I am totally dying to see you and hang out. Are you going to come with us to SB USA in St. G next weekend? You know you need to. ;) Nikki is driving us down and she has plenty of room. Please please please please come. I miss hanging out soooooo much. Call me!!
Love it! I better not show Jeff, or he might get the same idea. I don't know if people here would understand the whole BYU obsession.
I hope things are going good for you guys. We saw pictures from Halloween and it looked like it was a success. Take care...
Jme
Post a Comment